Classic Sateen | Duvet Cover
Of LETTO's three classics, Classic Sateen is the softest and most sumptuous. For those who prefer to be enveloped in supple sheets, or like a warmer touch during cooler nights, this lightweight bedding will embrace you.
A sateen weave creates a warmer "hand" because there are several top (weft) threads that float over the bottom (warp) threads, allowing more of the soft thread to be exposed to the touch.
Coming in at a respectable 300 thread count, don't be persuaded to focus on sheets with higher counts! While thread count is a component of quality, the actual plant fibers play a large role in overall quality.
Classic Sateen is woven from long-staple Mako cotton, grown in northern Egypt, and classified as authentic Egyptian cotton. After harvest, the fibers are transported to Italy where they are spun, woven, and finished using traditional Italian techniques.
Classic Sateen care notes: this weave gets its softness via the loom. The top thread (weft) floats over several bottom threads (warp) allowing more of the soft fibers to touch the skin. This produces the buttery softness of sateen along with a slight shimmer. This shimmer will go away with laundering and can be carefully revived with a hot iron.
As in all LETTO bedding, the Italian fabrics and craftsmanship are guaranteed to be the finest in the world, authentically described and labeled, and styled for modern bedrooms-- no fussy hemstitching, and no floppy flanges; just simple hems and borders, and clean knife edges.
All LETTO bedding is STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified (product class ll), guaranteeing that all components (fabric, thread, labels and buttons) have been thoroughly tested for harmful substances and determined to be safe for human health.
All LETTO bedding comes in its own protective button-closure pouch constructed of the same fabric. The bottom of every fitted sheet and flat sheet is adorned with our signature Buonanotte ribbon, providing easy indicators of how to position the sheets for easy bed making.
- 100% Egyptian Makò long staple cotton, sateen weave, 300 thread count.
- Machine wash and dry separately, on low temperature. Avoid bleach and softeners. Iron on medium as needed.
- Made in Italy.
- Flat Sheets are constructed with a two-inch hem on all four sides and trimmed with Buonanotte ribbon at the bottom.
- Fitted Sheets have 17 inch pockets and are elasticized all the away around with Buonanotte ribbon embellished at the bottom.
- Standard and King Pillowcases are sold in pairs and are envelope closure for a clean and tailored look.
- Duvet Covers are also made with clean, straight edges, have a hidden button closure at the bottom with signature red button holes.
- Large Square (European) and Travel (Boudoir) Pillowcases are sold individually and are also envelope closure.
- Knife Edge Finishing: Pillowcases and duvet covers feature clean, knife edges at the seams which means there are no decorative finishes or flanges. These modern edges and corners provide a clean, simple and polished look.
- Queen, King and Cal King Sheet Sets are offered at a small discount compared to open-stock purchases. Sets include one flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and one pair of pillowcases Queen sets come with standard pillowcases; King and Cal King sets come with either standard or king pillowcases.
We invite you to compare Classic Sateen to Sferra's Fiona.